Climbing Holidays, Courses, Training and Vacations.
Rock and Ice offer unique rock climbing instruction, rock climbing holidays and personal coaching sessions ranging from a single day to 5 days in duration.
We cater for all ages and abilities, all you need is enthusiasm!
Location wise we have over 100 cliffs within one hours drive of our base.
We have both Limesetone and the famous Millstone grit to climb and teach on.
fantastic climbing courses
are our speciality as we have many years of experience. We are members of
AMI the professional association for qualified climbing
and mountaineering instructors.
Our instructors are passionate about climbing and really enjoy teaching our customers how to become safe and independant climbers.
can choose how fast you want to progress, we will always advise
how to do this without pushing you past personal comfort zones.
Areas we cover include Derbyshire, Staffordshire ( Peak District ), Yorkshire, Lancashire, North Wales (Snowdonia), Anglesey, South Wales, Scotland, Cornwall and The English Lake District (Cumbria).
We specialise in quality climbing instruction, and base our success on our instructor to client ratio which is 1:2 maximum for lead climbing courses for example. This enables the customer to get the climbing instructor's attention when they need it, and sometimes, when learning to lead you really appreciate this!
A typical course is run over 2 days, during this period you will be introduced to the following:
- Techniques and coaching
- Specialist equipment use
- Learn to second a climb
- Learn to lead climb
will learn much more in 2 days with us, than on a larger ratio course elsewhere.
We will often offer you the opportunity to do your first traditional
lead climb in just 2 days. Courses are often tailor made
so you may progress lead climbing skills under the watchful eye of a qualified
Have a look at the Rock and Ice client Testimonials - our proven system designed over 12 years works for you! You may be surprised with just how much you can do on our courses!
Choose from the rock climbing courses available:
- Introductory rock climbing (No experience required at all)
- Intermediate rock climbing (A little experience required)
- Multi-pitch rock climbing (Intermediate +)
- Adventure climbing and sea cliff climbing
- Rope work and self rescue for climbers and mountaineers
- Indoor wall climbing. (130 Sq M lead wall and top roping)
- Traditional (Trad) Lead climbing workshops (Learn to lead climb, good ropework and better gear placements)
- Touching Rock (indoor to outdoor transition) (learn to lead outdoors safely - very popular)
- Private guiding on classic three star routes (Tick some classics)
- Group sessions (Large groups welcome)
- Bouldering and private coaching sessions (Better your technique)
If you have the time set aside for a rock climbing holiday we recommend the Quick Start Pro course.